On 18 November 2020 MGP Ltd was named the winner of Independent Publishing Company of the Year at the glittering PPA Independent Publisher Awards virtual ceremony.
Announcing the award at the virtual ceremony, the PPA said, “An impressive achievement for MGP, transforming Guidelines Live from free to paid for, and increasing attendance… MGP has an impressive readership, rising profits and overall market performance, challenging even the biggest players in their field.”
“I’m so proud to be part of the talented and dedicated team that is MGP and equally proud to be part of the independent publishing community.” said Ivor Eisenstadt, Managing Director at MGP Ltd. “MGP is delighted to have won this prestigious award. We have been promoting best practice to healthcare professionals for over 25 years but never before has there been such need for reliable, robust, evidence-based, clinical information. I would like to pay tribute to all of the MGP team who have worked tirelessly in often difficult circumstances. They have shown great skill, imagination, creativity and determination to ensure that MGP has been able to continue to deliver high quality publications and educational resources”.
The award recognises the dedication and achievements of the whole company with an array of successes and initiatives, including:
- The independent GP Media Survey recorded Guidelines brand reach to the end of April 2020 at 54%, making it one of the most read healthcare publications in the UK. This was supported by 10% growth in healthcare professionals registering to our websites and 34% increase in page views.
- The Launch of Guidelines for Pharmacy received an overwhelmingly positive response, with 90% of survey respondents stating it to be very useful, resulting in over 250,000 total referrals per issue.
- Guidelines Live at Olympia saw a free conference develop into a paid-for event with a five-fold increase in attendance, 145% revenue growth and a PPA Event of the Year award shortlisting.
- In response to COVID-19 MGP began providing authoritative COVID-19 best practice support including guidance summaries and articles, videos, webinars, newsletters, resource centres, directories and sponsored projects.
- MGP also formed a partnership with Antibiotics Research UK (ANTRUK) to fight antibiotic resistance. Free promotion provided 558,700 opportunities for healthcare professionals to view ANTRUK’s messages.
Ivor Eisenstadt said, “We are delighted that MGP has been recognised for its commercial success, important new initiatives and its commitment to provide essential, trusted, evidence-based support to healthcare professionals, ensuring patients receive the best possible care.”
About MGP: MGP is dedicated to Improving patients’ lives by promoting best practice in healthcare. Based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire, MGP specialises in delivering evidence-based multichannel content and educational projects based around clinical guidance through its brands: Guidelines, Guidelines in Practice, Guidelines for Nurses, Guidelines for Pharmacy, Guidelines Live and Specialised Medicine.